Local Business Listings
Discover all the great things to see and do in the Moreton Bay Region. You can find itineraries, guides, travel inspiration and events. Find out more.
Osprey House Environmental Centre provides a protected natural environment for local fauna, is owned by Moreton Bay Regional Council and operated by trained and enthusiastic volunteers. Situated within the Hays Inlet declared Fish Habitat Area, an integral part of the East Asian-Australasian Flyway.
At Osprey House Environmental Centre, you can:
- watch Osprey’s nesting and raising their young.
- observe & understand native & migratory birds and their behaviours.
- watch wild koala’s in their natural habitat & learn about local fauna.
- learn why we need to protect the mangroves and other flora.
- find out about the use of sustainable practices at home.
Stay nearby at Beachhouse Bed & Breakfast, only 15 minutes from Osprey House! For more information, click here.
Whale Watching Season runs from June through to October/November each year and Brisbane Whale Watching Tours Australia has the perfect vessel and crew to ensure a fantastic whale watching experience!
Tours depart daily from Redcliffe Jetty, only 10 minutes drive from the Beachhouse Bed and Breakfast.
BRISBANE WHALE WATCHING Tours Australia invites you to come on board the magnificent ‘Eye Spy’ for an encounter with the whales. Of all the great whales, the humpback is the most surface active displaying behaviour that will not only inspire you but leave you in awe. There quite clearly is no better place to observe the mighty humpback whale than Brisbane’s Moreton Bay in Queensland, recognised as one of the world’s best Whale Watching Tour areas for whale watching and family cruises.
Some of the benefits of whale watching day trips in Moreton Bay are:
• GUARANTEED SIGHTINGS OF THE WHALES
• Only 2 vessels allowed in the marine park for Whale watching
• Regular sightings of other marine animals – e.g. pods of dolphins; green turtles; logger head turtles
• Calm clear pristine waters of the bay and surrounding waters
• Whales use the area to rest, bond and feed their young
• Same pods sighted 2 – 3 days
• Up close and personal
While keeping a lookout you’re given an excellent commentary from our onboard expert and female Captain, Kerry Lopez, which leaves you with a better understanding of these huge mammals.
Contact Brisbane Whale Watching Tours Australia
By Phone: (07) 3880 0477
By Fax: (07) 3880 1122
see our website at : www.brisbanewhalewatching.com.au
Experience the difference From classic films to musicals, comedy, dance and everything in between, the Redcliffe Entertainment Centre is the perfect venue for an outing with family and friends. We look forward to rolling out the red carpet for you.
What’s on / book tickets
To find out what’s on or to book tickets, click here.